Welcome to my blog, where I will be sharing recipes for delicious and unique dishes! Today I am sharing a recipe for Pickled Jalapenos and Onions.
These Pickled Jalapenos and Onions are a great addition to any dish, and they are perfect for summertime cookouts and BBQs. They are also perfect for snacking on, and they are sure to be a hit with your guests!
If you are looking for a delicious and unique dish to add to your summer cookout menu, then you should try these Pickled Jalapenos and Onions. They will be a hit with everyone who tries them, and they are sure to add a unique and delicious flavor to your dishes! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the recipe!
How to make Pickled Jalapenos and Onions?
Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to add a little zip to your next meal? Pickled Jalapenos and Onions may be just what you need! These pickled vegetables are perfect for adding a little flavor to your next dish, and they’re also super easy to make!
To make these Pickled Jalapenos and Onions vegetables, you’ll first need to gather your ingredients. You’ll need jalapeno peppers, onions, white vinegar, sugar, garlic, and salt.
Next, you’ll need to prep your vegetables. Cut the jalapeno peppers in half and remove the seeds. Peel and slice the onions. In a small bowl, mix together white vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder. Season the vegetables with salt to taste.
Now it’s time to put everything together! In a large container, mix together the jalapeno peppers, onions, vinegar mixture, and sugar. Stir until everything is coated.
Store the pickled vegetables in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. They’re perfect for adding a pop of flavor to your next meal!
> Curious about how to make this dish? Then this video here about the Pickled Jalapenos and Onions Recipe will offer more information for you:
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a food processor, combine the jalapeno peppers, vinegar, water, sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and let it sit for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- The next day, drain the pickled jalapeno mixture, discarding the liquid.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook until the onion is softened about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pickled jalapeno mixture and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the pickled jalapeno mixture warm or cold.
First, use fresh, high-quality onions. The fresher the onions, the better the pickles will taste. Second, use vinegar that is high in acid. A vinegar like white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar is perfect. Finally, make sure your pickles are cool before serving. If they're too hot, they will be too sour.
Read more related posts:
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 37
- Total Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 294 mg
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Jalapeno peppers are a great way to add spice and flavor to many dishes. In this recipe, Exorecipes will show you how to make a quick pickled jalapeno and onion relish that is perfect for tacos, burgers, or just about anything.